1. Poolesville Town Cleaners is running the most awesome spring promotion. It's called "Double the Happiness" This is a win, win, win for all of Poolesville. Simply send all of your dry cleaning and alterations to Poolesville Town Cleaners. When placing your order. Please vote for Poolesville Elementary School. The school receiving the most votes will be awarded $1000. The school with the second most votes will be awarded $500. Click hear to see all the details.... www.pespta.com/fundraising
2. Upcoming PTA Board vacancies at PES : If you would like to serve on the PES PTA executive board, please contact me before the April 9th PTA meeting. All positions (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary are up for election each and every year.)
3. The April 9th PTA Meeting: Speaking of the April 9th PTA. Our next meeting we will have special guest. Patricia Buck and Chris Borawoski from the Montgomery County Library. They will be giving a quick demonstration about all the new additions and technology enhancements at the library. They will also be signing people up for new library cards if you need them.
4. Book Fair: Mark your calendar for Wednesday, April 17th for our FIRST EVER GRAND EVENT where grandparents and other loved ones are invited to join your children for a brown bag lunch and a special visit to the Book Fair.
There will fun activities for all to enjoy. On Thursday evening we will be hosting our IT'S ALIVE FAMILY NIGHT and SPRING PES ART SHOW where the whole family can join in the fun. The Book Fair is a great way to get everyone excited about reading. We hope to see you there. Thanks, Patti Geehreng, Book Fair Chairperson
5. Budget Testimony: Next week April 10th, Our dedicated Town Commissioner Jerry Klobukowski will be testifying on our behalf at the County Council Budget hearing. on April 11th our dedicated Cluster Coordinator Dawn Albert will also be testifying on our behalf. If you are able, please show your support by simply attending on of the these meetings. You are also highly encourage to testify as well. Please contact me if you are interested. For more information here is the agenda for next week's hearings. http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/content/council/pdf/agenda/FuturePHs.pdf
6. Community Service Project: Ross and Elizabeth Ohmen have been doing a wonderful job getting support for the upcoming community service project. They are holding planning meetings every Wednesday at 6:30 PM in room 18 (except for Tuesday April 9th. Their meeting will be immediately before the our PTA meeting). To find out more please go to…. www.pespta.com/communityservice or contact Elizabeth Ohmen , 510-673-5312, or Ross Ohmen, 510-673-5310, email@example.com.
Thanks and see you around town.
Kevin Schramm, President
Poolesville Elementary School PTA
19565 Fisher Ave, Poolesville, MD 20837